Medical Ministries International currently works with many organizations to send container shipments to various locations internationally. MMI also provides supplies for mission trip groups to hand carry abroad. If you are interested in receiving supplies for a hand carry mission abroad, please fill out our Mission Trip Supply Request Form.
The procedure for requesting a container of supplies and equipment from MMI is as follows:
The requesting recipient must notify MMI of the specific material resources needed in the particular country. This list should be as detailed as possible. This document should be prepared by professionals and/or beneficiary participants with the knowledge of the needs in the country. In addition, complete and submit the Container Request Form.
The following must also be provided to MMI:
- A statement indicating that the donated goods will be distributed at no cost to the ultimate recipient.
- An official document from the recipient country’s government stating the organization or institution has duty-free status for the goods being shipped (imported). Please submit any background literature, brochures, annual reports and other information describing the organizations involved.
- It may be the responsibility of the recipient/sponsoring organization to cover the costs associated with the shipment (ground transportation within country).
- Documentation stating that there are warehouse or storage facilities available for the shipment must be provided.
- Recipients must provide complete consignee information, including a contact person, address, telephone and fax numbers and email address. The consignee must be capable of clearing the container through customs and providing appropriate logistical in-country support.
- An outline of the distribution plan stating who the end user of the donated materials will be, and a promise to submit a written report on the distribution process once the shipment arrives.
- Once distributed, the recipient organization is required to provide MMI with distribution reports and other documentation such as photographs, newspaper articles and letters supporting the effort by appropriate officials and professionals.
Completion of a Container Request Form does not automatically result in the grant of requested items.